How Does It Work?
Lifesaver is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting and responding to
the challenge to caregivers of finding wandering or bolting loved ones who may
suffer from Alzheimer's Disease, Autism or any other special needs
registered with Project Lifesaver wear a personalized bracelet. It is a
one-ounce battery operated radio wrist transmitter that emits a unique automatic
tracking signal every second, 24 hours a day.
Lifesaver equips and trains search & rescue agencies in an active response
system to help with the increasing problem of locating wandering patients before
they fall victim to the elements, accidents or predators.
It is the
opinion of Project Lifesaver that radio
frequency tracking equipment, in the hands of trained public safety personnel,
represents the most reliable and effective technology available to locate
wandering loved ones.
Lifesaver saves lives and further serves the community by significantly reducing
the need for extensive search and rescue operations that are often extremely
costly in human and financial terms.
Lifesaver has become the lead organization in Canada and the United States to
effectively train, equip and deploy law enforcement and search & rescue
agencies to rapidly locate people with Alzheimer's, Autism, Dementia and other
special needs persons.
Our Purpose and Goals
1. Project Lifesaver Association of Nova Scotia will establish, promote, develop and coordinate educational programs to educate the general public on Project Lifesaver.
2. Conduct meetings to provide a public forum for promoting search and rescue technologies in Nova Scotia.
3. Maintain partnerships with our community partners to promote the health and safety, with people with individuals at risk for wandering, within our community.
4. Promote the formation of local Project Lifesaver chapters within Nova Scotia by providing support in the form of guidance, educational materials and consulting services.
5. Promote standardization of Project Lifesavers Chapters within Nova Scotia by preparing and communicating operating procedures, programs and templates.
6. Project Lifesaver’s fundraising will be used for program operations, training, certification and co-ordination of Public Safety.